Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wind

I must have died in a tornado in a past life or something.

Yesterday was nearly 30 degrees outside, and my Mom and I went for a 7KM walk, resulting in sunburned shoulders for yours truely. Yes, I put sunscreen on before we left, but apparently I missed a few spots. But we had thunderstorm warnings, and wind warnings, which resulted in a bit of crazy rain, but nothing spectacular.

It's super windy today, we have a wind warning in effect. Wind speeds of up to 93km/h, with gusts over 100km/h. Now, I know that's not a tornado or a hurricane or anything, but I have to say, it's got me a little on edge. Or maybe the wind is blowing my stomach around. Whatever it is, it's got my stomach in knots.

I was up before 8AM this morning, the wind rattling my windows roused me. I peeked out the window to see garbage blowing across the yard. The recycling truck was just going by, emptying the recycling bins, so I figured I'd better head outside and hide them securely away if I wanted to keep them. I ended up picking up an assortment of paper, bottles and cans and shoved them into our own recycling bins before stowing them carefully back in the garage.

I think I've been outside about three times already, collecting other people's recycling bins that were making their way across our yard, returning them to their various addresses, and trying to find a secure place to stash them.

Our yard is littered with branches again.

We saw a basketball roll down the road and there's no way I could have caught up with it, even if my shoes were already on. I feel bad for the guy at the end of the street. He's going to have one heck of a mess.

The windows in my living room keep rattling. They don't even open, so that's got me a bit freaked out. I keep waiting for them to blow in or something. But they've been here for 50 years or something, they should be fine, right?!?

My Mom went out into the backyard to collect some garbage, and she wanted to "experience" the wind she said. Unfortunately, she didn't really get a good taste of the wind, but did find herself nearly ankle deep in water, in my flip-flops.

Now she wants us to go for a walk. What is she thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment