Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring blouse sewing project

One of my favourite places to window shop, or browse online as we don't have one here, is Anthropologie. Actually, I just heard that they will be opening one in Buffalo this summer so I'm SUPER excited to go browse in person again.

However, it's pretty expensive. But it's been an inspiration for several sewing projects I have on the go right now. Here's the first one I completed.

I was inspired by this blouse, found here.


I happened to have some excellent fabric for this project on hand, that I picked up on clearance at Walmart at least two years ago, and I've been waiting for a great project to bring it out. I've had some things in mind, but when I saw the First Hints blouse I thought it would be perfect.

There are a few difference between my blouse and this one. I did the arms and the body in once piece, cutting out the front and back separately, and then I didn't have to worry about attaching the arms. The fabric is slippery and very light and I've never worked with anything like it before, so I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. I actually like the effect the seam on the top of the sleeve has, and it actually looks more like the shape of the sleeve in the Anthropologie blouse. I also put elastic in the cuff of the sleeve, so I can push it up my arm and have it puff out a bit. And I put a band around the bottom so I can wear it over my pants, but it fits snug there, and I think it lays really nicely this way, putffing up just a bit.

So here it is. What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment