Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Well, once again, too much time has passed since I've posted. I've been really busy working (but tomorrow is my last shift! Phew!), and trying to finish up some things around the house as well. The living room is mostly finished, and is decorated for Christmas, complete with a tree!

We have Ian's family all coming for dinner on Christmas eve. We'll be celebrating a Mexican Christmas, with chili, enchiladas, fresh salsa, margaritas, etc! So we've been busy preparing for that. I spent one day making the chili and enchiladas, and freezing them. I spent yesterday doing some baking.

Meanwhile we've had a few more leaks, frozen windshield fluid, and our furnace died! Luckily, my father-in-law has been amazing, coming to our rescue on several occassions, and Ian has been very quick to learn how to fix things!!

Yesterday, while the furnace was out of commission, we borrowed electric heaters from Ian's parents. I was doing some baking in the kitchen, with one of the heaters on the floor, as much out of the way as I could get it, when I hopped over it. Somehow, I managed to kick the oven drawer with the side of my foot and have developed one heck of a nasty bruise on the side of my foot. It's swollen, looks like it might be blistering even, and the purple splotch wraps around, even under my foot! It's pretty gross. I'll include a picture in case you don't believe me!

Missing my friends and family incredibly right now. Can't say it's been a month free of break-downs, between that, work, the weather, the car, and the multitude of issues we've encountered around the house... It feels very overwhelming at times. But it passes. Life goes on. We've had a very exciting year, with a lot of big changes. It's a lot to adjust to I suppose. But we've been incredibly lucky and I am counting my blessings. Christmas is upon us and I am looking forward to spending it with my new husband, in our new home. We will be very lucky if the coming year brings even half as many blessings as this one has.
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and happy New Year!! I hope it's everything you wish it to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment