- my health.
- my friends' and family's health and happiness.
- my husband. He is supportive, understanding, patient, encouraging, etc.. Sometimes I wonder what on Earth I have done to deserve someone so wonderful.
- my mother and father-in-law for letting us stay at their house for three months, rent free! I don't know how we'll ever repay them.
- Mrs. S. for her generosity and kind spirit.
- our new house, even though we have a lot of work to do.
- sun-shiney days.
- red, orange, and yellow leaves.
- the smell of dry leaves.
- the smell of fresh rain.
- hiking on the Bruce Trail, particularly in the fall. 800km of trail from here to Tobermory for us to explore. I think we covered 5.5km yesterday, but seeing as we have to hike one way, then turn around and go back for the car, it was an 11kms and 2 hours... I am looking forward to much more of that though. Fresh air, crunchy leaves, the escarpment... Ahh...
- sales. Who doesn't appreciate a good sale??
- the internet, for giving me something to do every day, and helping me keep in touch with friends.
- work, even though my training is tomorrow and I'm really nervous. Then I have a test on Thursday and the possibility of a holiday position, on-call. But it's an hour away. But I've heard it could be $22/hour. But it could be night shifts. An hour away. In the winter. On-call. But $22/hour!
- yarn. I've been knitting up a storm. I hope you like scarves.
- books. I must have read nearly 10 books already since I've been here.
- Bejewelled Blitz on Facebook. It's given me something to look forward to daily.
- turkey dinner, with all the fixings, but no brussel sprouts! (Sorry Mom, I just don't like them!)
- a glass of wine (or two or three...)
- my wedding pictures, on the beach. They make me smile.
- any pictures of a beach, especially if I've been there. I like the beach.
- the sound of rain at night, especially when accompanied with thunder and lightning!
- peanut butter cookies.
- rice krispie squares with peanut butter and chocolate.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
I spent a lot of time this Thanksgiving weekend thinking about the things I have to be thankful for. I am thankful for: