Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Photographs smotographs, who needs photographs?

I saw fireflies tonight! I don't think I've ever seen a firefly before! Oddly enough, they're apparently a bit like fairies and when you return for photographic proof, they disappear.

The moon is red. It's awesome. Tried to take a picture of that too, but it just looks so tiny and insignificant.

Today was not a good picture day. Every time I tried to take a picture, it seems it didn't turn out. I tried to capture the Mississippi River as we raced over it, but alas, the picture is pathetic.

This morning I was scanning the sky for tornados. All I saw was some awesome fork lightning and one heck of an ominous rain cloud. At first I thought it might be a huge tornado from a distance, because of the angle of the rain falling. It seemed to have a curve to it. It wasn't. I think I'm glad. Besides, I like lightning, so I'm happy with that. However, again, no pictures.

Thunderstorms in the morning kept us a bit cooler at the start. It wasn't until 1 or so that I started feeling really hot. Luckily I planned ahead this time and filled the cooler bag with ice from the hotel before we left, two bottles of water, a can of Sprite, and two Red Bulls for Ian. We savoured the water throughout the day, and I dipped paper towel into the melting ice water to hold on our necks. I wiped it down my arms, my face, my legs, and tucked it in the front of my dress. It was fantastic.

Ian drove all day. He did a great job. But I'm still exhausted and I feel one heck of a headache coming on. I can't imagine how he must be feeling!

Looking forward to arriving tomorrow and I think it will be some time before I want to do another road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment