Wednesday, July 21, 2010

En Route

Well, the first leg of the trip is underway. The boxes are gone, the car was loaded up, and we drove to Kamloops. We will be here for four days, enjoying time with good friends and family, and attending the wedding of one of my cousins on Saturday. I am looking forward to seeing everyone here, but am not looking forward to four days of "goodbyes." That's emotionally draining. However, I am looking forward with optimism now, I have hope that there are wonderful things awaiting us in Ontario. I heard Tim McGraw's "Where the Green Grass Grows" on the radio in the car yesterday, and it actually made my eyes water and my throat tighten up! I had to stop singing along! It was just the silliest thing, but these emotions well up out of nowhere. I am so happy to be sharing my life with Ian, and it really feels like it's beginning now. When we got married there was really no change in our day to day lives. This feels like it. This is a new beginning together.

No comments:

Post a Comment